Coronavirus travel advice
Understand the precautions and need to protect yourself from COVID-19 when traveling from Tiruchirappalli International Airport.Is public air travel possible during corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) epidemics? Get facts about travel options and how to protect yourself.
In times of such a dangerous viral infection, the safety and well-being of our passengers, visitors and colleagues is constantly on our minds.We understand that there are concerns and questions, and this information center helps us with how to deal with them.
From Tiruchirappalli International Airport all air travelers should keep in mind:
- The more opportunities you have in your community or neighborhood, the more likely you are to get and spread COVID-19 while traveling.
- Anyone can get COVID-19, but the elderly and any age with certain medical conditions are more likely to get sick from COVID-19.
- If you become infected while traveling, the virus can spread to the people you live with when you return, even if you have no symptoms.
Air travel :
When you travel at Tiruchirapalli International Airport, there is a possibility of the corona virus spreading. Therefore, you are allowed to travel only after undergoing medical tests and various tests at the Trichy airport to control it.
The virus does not spread easily on airplanes because most viruses are not easily transmitted on airplanes because of the way the aircraft rotates and is filtered on aircraft. However, crowded flights make social distance difficult. Plus air travel involves spending time on security lines and airport terminals, which can keep you in close contact with others, which can lead to viral infections.At Tiruchirappalli International Airport, the CDC and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) have issued guidelines to help planes prevent the spread of the corona virus. As a result, most major airlines at Tiruchirappalli International Airport require crews and passengers to wear face masks. And everyone should wash their hands with handwash once an hour.Also TSA officers working at Tiruchirappalli airport wear masks and gloves and observe social distance.TSA officers change gloves after each bad-down.Leave plastic shields, bag search and seats on the document verification plotform.
Also note that TSA has made several changes to the screening process:
- Passengers can wear masks during the screening. However, TSA staff may ask passengers to adjust the masks for identification purposes.
- Instead of handing over boarding passes to TSA officials, passengers should place the passes (paper or electronic) directly on the scanner and then keep them for inspection.
- Each carry-on bag can carry up to 12 ounces (approximately 350 milliliters) of a container of hand sanitizer. These containers should be taken out of the screening.
- Food items should be carried in a plastic bag and placed in a tub to be screened. Separating food from carry-on bags reduces the chance that screeners will have to open the bags for inspection.
- Personal items such as keys, wallets and phones should be kept in carry-on bags instead of bins. This minimizes the handling of these items during screening.
- Wash hands directly with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after screening.
Tiruchirappalli Internet Airport recommends that you follow these guidelines to protect yourself and others while traveling:
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet (2 meters) between you and others as much as possible.
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Control contact with frequently touched surfaces such as handrails, elevator buttons and kiosks. If you need to touch these surfaces, use a hand sanitizer or wash your hands.
- Wear a cloth mask.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Close cough and sneeze.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important if you have a cough, sneeze or blow your nose after going to the bathroom and before eating.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub your hands together until you feel dry.
With the Ministry of Civil Aviation announcing the resumption of domestic flights from May 25, the international airport here is ready to handle the services in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure specified by the State government.
Private airline IndiGo has already announced the operation of flight services
- Tiruchy – Chennai
- Tiruchy and Bengaluru
- Tiruchy –Bengaluru sectors from ( 25 may Monday.)
As per the proposed schedule announced by the airline
- Tiruchi from Chennai will land at 10.45 a.m. and leave at 11.15 a.m.
- Tiruchi would be operated in the night. The flight will arrive Tiruchi at 9.20 p.m. and leave at 9.50 p.m. The flight from Bengaluru will land at 8.20 p.m. and depart at 8.55 p.m.
International flights to select cities started in June 2020. The Government of India has suspended international flights till 31 December 2020